Sunday, January 3, 2010

2010!!!

Hi everyone! Hope your year has started off well.
I am not one for making resolutions, but I do like to set myself goals and this year is no different.
My goal this year is to make the most of every second, every day, every moment.
I want to achieve something everyday, even if it is small.
I don't want to waste any more precious seconds.
Carpe Diem ~ Seize the day!!!

The first day of the year saw me going back to where I grew up.
I went to visit my Nanna and then decided to try and find the school I went to in grade 1 and 2.

This is it!!! Don't you just love the name??? I certainly never forgot the name of my first school! I also found my Grandmothers old house and where I lived for a while before school started. I was very surprised to see the house still there and still looking exactly as I remembered it.

My eldest son came with me and we went down to the beach where I spent a LOT of time when I was little and had fish and chips on the beach for dinner. Such an overload of memories today. It was wonderful.

This year I also hope to get some of my UFOs finished. This is a little silk crazy-patch scissor fob I bought as a kit a few craft shows back!!! A lot of work for such a little thing! A bit of embroidery, ribbon roses, glass beads and yippee! one UFO completed!!

Now off to the next project.....
Take care and I hope you are all having a great weekend!
Teresa xx

14 comments:

retdairyqueen said...

Oh I do like nothing better than to go back to places from my childhood
So many wonderful memories
Scissor fob is so cute Thats from Danielle my grandaughter

Julia said...

A great start to the new year...love to see how things were in the old days, so to speak!
I think that's a great way to think, achieve something every day, no matter how small!
Julia ♥

Caryn said...

Sounds like you had a nice trip down memory lane! I love the scissor fob - that does sound like a LOT of work though LOL!

*karendianne. said...

The photos bring this story to Life! And oh goodness but isn't this silk crazy-patch scissor fob totally amazing. I have to say in my dreams I'd have to make this but in real life I probably couldn't bring it to life. That's why I come here. I can live vicariously thru you!!!

I like your goal. I am one that definitely strives to keep my head in the moment and not think of what might come. Warmly and with much joy for your most recent adventure & creations! *karendianne.

Tereasa said...

You look beautiful, Treez glad you got to spend the day with James.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

What a gorgeous looking boy, I bet he will break some hearts Teresa...I am with you, that was the same resolution I made....love the scissor fob...so what is the next project...

Rae Ann said...

I love going back and seeing the places that I grew up. How fun for you! I love it that you took your son and that he could live those memories through you.

Rebecka said...

It's fun to relive memories. I'm glad you shared your memories with your son.
Your scissor fob is beautiful!!! Thanks for all the photos!

Tozz said...

sounds like a fabulous time you had exploring old memories :) I love the name of your old school...who ever thought of that must have been a real comic. I love your scissor fob! its amazing and like you say lots of work. But worth it as its really beautiful. hugs Vicki

Cubby House Crafts said...

What a great way to start the year off! Now the name of your old school would sound so cute coming from a grade 1 or 2! I must ask my little girl to try and pronounce it! lol! Love your scissor fob!
Lisa

Wendy B said...

Is that redcliffe beach???? Takes me back too....I lived and taught nearby 10+ years ago...aaaah memories!!

I went back to my childhood haunts a couple of years ago...I was 12 when I was last there and now I'm fortymmmphnfffff years old!!! Some of it changed alot and other parts were exactly as I remembered!
Your scissor fob's lovely....and I agree....Carpe Diem is a wonderful motto to live by!
sugary hugs
WendyB :O)

Bev C said...

A happy start to 2010. You were lucky to still find your favourite haunts still there. Love the scissor fob. Happy days.

Lynda said...

What a great name! And a great way to spend the first day of the year (with your gorgeous boy).

Sarah Lou said...

I love your philosphy for this year! count me in!!
That Fab is just dreamy!!!!!!!

Ps I adore your school name, my son loves it!!