Friday, January 29, 2010

AWARDS

This post is long overdue and I have been trying to finish it for days now and have decided to JUST GET ON WITH IT... My apologies for taking so long.... I am overwhelmed! as I received not one, but two blogging awards from two very special blogging friends that I have 'met' on my blogging journey. The first I received was from Sarah who I 'met' just before Christmas. She was my partner in a Christmas decoration swap. I thoroughly enjoy reading her down-to-earth blog and her beautiful scrapbooking just blows me away. Thank you so much Sarah - I am really chuffed you sent this to me!!
In accepting this award, I must:
1) Name 5 things I love
2) Present it to 5 other bloggers I think are fabulous (will come to that later....)
Okay.... 5 things I love...
~ My family (goes without saying)
~Traveling (on holidays anywhere!)
~Having a coffee waiting for me when I get up in the morning!
~Time to create
~Eating out


The second blogging award I received from Bev of Kainga Happenings. I 'met' Bev last year and enjoy reading her blog immensely. We are currently doing the "What Makes me Happy Monday" Challenge together and it was Bev who started me on that. Thank you so much Bev for the award and I am very grateful. In accepting this award I have to:
1. Tell 7 interesting things about myself.
2. Nominate 7 blogs. Again, I will get to that.
Now 7 interesting things about myself was really hard, but here goes:
~ When I was 15 I traveled to New Zealand to play tennis for my Tennis Club
~ In my lifetime I have almost drowned - twice!!!
~I am claustrophobic and cannot sleep in a sleeping bag!!
~I love everything old and antique.
~I taught folk art painting at my local craft shop for 8 years.
~Up until my early 20's I had a HUGE fear of dogs!
~Years ago I was talked into entering the Miss Aspley Contest (most embarrassing thing I have ever done in my life!!)

Now this leaves me with 12 people to choose for blogging awards. This is really hard for me. I love to visit so many blogs, not only in Australia, but all over the world. There are so many blogs out there that are truly worthy of this award..I hope you don't feel that this is a cop out, but please feel free to take either button and award yourself. Everyone's blogs are unique and personal and reflect the individual. Just taking the time to post about what you have done, what you feel, what you see is inspiring and creative.
I thank Sarah and Bev so much for thinking enough of me to pass on this award. I can't help but feel very honoured (I just may get a big head out of this!!).
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Teresa xx

2 comments:

Bev C said...

Hello Teresa, I think I will have to send you a voucher for some swimming lessons!!! Have a lovely weekend.

*karendianne. said...

Gosh, you almost drowned twice? That's scary! I can understand the claustrophobia. I have a tinge of it when I get my yearly MS Brain MRI's (tinge - who am I kidding - I have be doped up!) so I can really understand that and gee wiz I need to stop talking about. Drama, drama, drama Karen - but still! Any idea what triggered that fear of dogs? I have a terrible one of snakes so... well I'm interested. Although snakes aren't Man's Best Friend. hee! Now I'm just being a silly bratty girl...