Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A couple more finishes......

My Aunt paints the most amazing pictures and her artwork is gorgeous. A couple of days ago she gave me one of my favourite paintings that she has had printed on to a fine canvas... what to do with it? Make a bag of course!



The beautiful copper heart shaped button was brought back from New Zealand by a kiwi friend of mine... it's been waiting to be sewn on to something for ages!!!

This is another one of my Aunts paintings and I'd love to print this onto fabric and make something with it as well. I just love the colours!


I've also made the above little stitchery (a Lynnette Anderson design) into a book cover. It holds your standard A5 notebook and I adapted it from a Hatched and Patched pattern.

Just love the bear button on this stitchery!
Another super hot day today and it's been very quiet with my son back at school! I am missing the company!
Hope you are all having a productive day!

Teresa XX

10 comments:

Lynda said...

Your aunt is so talented. I've also made the little bear stitchery (made it into a cushion a few years ago) - your book cover is lovely.

Selina said...

Very cute! Hot and quiet here also, what to do, what to do!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Teresa, beautiful, beautiful projects, your Aunt is so talented and the book cover, oh so cute...

helbel19 said...

I think talent runs in your family, another great bag and what a cute cover, can't wait to see them in the flesh so to speak.... naturally you be bringing them to craft day.

Helen

Scully236 said...

The bag looks awesome! The bear button is so cute!

retdairyqueen said...

What a great idea for the painting
I see you are a very talented family

Sarah Lou said...

Oh That bag is fabulous!!! The art is wonderful!

Rebecka said...

WOW! Love your bag. Your aunt's work is beautiful.

Cardygirl said...

The bag & your aunt's painting are beautiful!

*karendianne. said...

I agree. The colors in your Aunt's painting are beautiful.