Tuesday, January 26, 2010

HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY!

Happy Australia Day everyone!
Hope you are all having a wonderful day!
It's 35 degrees here and we're seriously hot and sweaty!!!
Having a barbie with Australia-shaped rissoles, sausages and salads ~
watching the tennis (of course!)


Now on to some finishes!!
The above is the first block in Bunny Hill Designs BOM called 'Snowbound' ~ you will find it here. I am really enjoying the needle turn and love the cute snowman!

Below is Robyn of Daisy Quilts 'Embroidery Scissors Companion'. Lovely pattern with nice easy instructions. I love it! It has a little pin cushion attached and has reinforcing in the bottom to protect the tip of your scissors. You can find more details about this little case here.



Hope you are all having a great day!
I am off to have some pavlova topped with bananas, strawberries and peaches
(not forgetting the cream!!)

Teresa xx

10 comments:

Paula said...

Happy Australia day to you! I love your needle case, so cute! And your fruit (and cream) sounds wonderful. I can't wait till we're back in good fruit seasons! Happy Monday too!

Caryn said...

Your needlecase and block look great - and Happy Austraila Day!

mandapanda said...

Pavlova? Oh that is just so unfair...
You didn't paint that gorgeous picture yourself did you? I know what a great painter you are!
The block is so sweet....but it's kind of hard to think of snow in this heat. The needlecase too - very nice!!
Glad to have you back, looks like you had fun at the tennis!
I'm stuck listening to my family watching the cricket...
yes, that's right, poor me...

mandapanda said...

wait, I forgot to say, Happy Australia Day!! Don't forget to hug a little Aussie critter! (I have 4 to choose from) lol

you gotta check out this giveaway -
http://glassdragonbears.blogspot.com/

So sweet!

Julia said...

Happy Australia Day Teresa..have a good one!
Julia ♥

Robyn said...

Happy Australia day to you Teresa!!
Oh geez stop it, I wanna come to your place... it all sounds so organised... Pav (my favourite) and everything...slurp!
I think we'll be having baked beans on toast...mwah ha ha ha

You know I love your work ;)
..and tell Manda I hugged my cat...lol
Robyn xx

Mistea said...

Beautiful pic - and I enlarged so I could see it was yours.
Your snowman is cute - we are a bit cooler here today.
Lovely scissor case - always good when there is somewhere to keep the pins and needles too.
Happy Australia Day - hope you enjoyed that Pavlova

helbel19 said...

Bit late but I hope you had a terrific Australia Day and you have been very busy too, great work.

Helen

SheilaC said...

Happy Belated Australia Day!

Your projects are beautiful!!

(and I love the markings on your cat! So unique and adorable :) )

SheilaC

Bec said...

Very cute snowman; and I love the scissor keeper....beautiful!