Monday, January 11, 2010

What Makes Me Happy 1 and 2

I came across this wonderful idea on Paula's blog. Every Monday she is going to post about something that makes her happy.
What a great idea! It really makes you stop and think and appreciate!!!
I am already a week behind, so I will post my "What Makes me Happy"
1 and 2 together.

So here goes.... What makes me happy No. 1...

Spending time with my family. Now the boys are older, we spend less and less time together as a family. Also having a workaholic husband means he doesn't spend a great deal of time at home either.
Therefore, times like Christmas and holidays are very special!


What makes me happy No. 2.....

Letters from my Mum. My mum has been traveling around Australia now for over 6 years. Lucky for me she loves to send mail regularly. I get an absolute thrill every time I look in the mailbox and there's a letter there for me. As you can see, her letters always stand out. She decorates every envelope with stickers and pictures and she collects unusual stamps to put on the envelope as well. They are always beautiful, and full of cards, photos, memorabilia of her trip and sometimes even little gifts.

I've kept every single one and have them all in this gorgeous hat box.

What makes you happy?
It really makes you stop and think.

Teresa xx

10 comments:

Cardygirl said...

You even made me feel happy!You have a beautiful family!

Jo in TAS said...

Gorgeous family and what lovely keepsakes are those handwritten letters

Julia said...

Lovely to meet your beautiful family Teresa..
yes, family make me happy too...especially the grand kids..
Julia ♥

Sarah Lou said...

Oh taht is beautiful!! your family is gorgeous!

Robyn said...

I love this idea Teresa, and I love your Numbers 1 and 2!!
It is good to take time to think about what does make us happy and be thankful!

Bev C said...

Hello Teresa, so glad you decided to join in. I see your boys are taller than you!!! It doesn't take long for them to grow up. I love your Mum's letters. She will probably love to read them with you when she gets back from her travels. Happy days.

Shiree said...

I saw this on Paula's blog too, it is a wonderful idea, and a great way to remind us of the wonderful people and things that we have in our lives. It is so nice to meet your family, treasure your Mum's letters.

Mary Lou Weidman said...

Wonderful to see your Mother's letters. I lost my Mother in April and wish I had that hat box. Mothers are so very special. I enjoyed your blog, please come and visit mine someday.

pacificpatchwork said...

Hi Teresa, You have a beautiful family! And I love your letters from your mom. What a treasure to keep forever. Thanks for joining in on the "happy"!

Li de Liége said...

Realmente famíla e mãe fazem a nossa vida feliz... e não vamos esquecer dos bordados!!!
liége