Saturday, January 16, 2010

What Makes Me Happy No. 3

I know I am early.... don't worry the weekend isn't over already and it's not Monday yet!! I am heading off to Melbourne tomorrow for almost a week and I won't be near a computer so I thought I'd better post my "What Makes me Happy" before I leave.

What makes me happy?....
Finishing a quilt. I love sewing the binding on and the label on the back. It is so relaxing and satisfying at the same time. Knowing all the time, effort and enjoyment has finally come together and you have finished creating something you have made with your own hands.

It's such a great feeling.
What makes you happy?

Hope you all have a wonderful week and I look forward to seeing what you have all been up to when I get back. I am going to miss my sewing machine and my computer.... but on the other hand I will be catching up with my brother and seeing some great tennis (another 2 things that make me happy!!!)

Teresa xx

16 comments:

Di's Quilting and Craft said...

Have a great time in Melbourne. You lucky duck going to the tennis! It is always a great feeling to get that binding on.

Bev C said...

Hello Teresa, that certainly makes me happy. Enjoy the tennis and the time with family. Have a safe and happy week.

Jan said...

Have a fabulous week Teresa!

Suzi-q said...

Say Hi to Roger for me and enjoy.

I like the binding part also but I also like selecting fabrics for a new project also

Tozz said...

I too love sewing on the binding and the label...it makes me happy too :) I hope you have a fantastic time down here in Melbourne and catch up with you when you get back. hugs Vicki

Sarah Lou said...

Loving what makes me happy. Have a ball in melbourne!!

em's scrapbag said...

Have a great trip. I also enjoy putting the binding on for the same reasons. Love the quilt you just bound the brights with the black is fabulous. It is a favorite combo of mine. And your string quilt is lovely.

Rebecka said...

Sewing the binding on is not my favorite part. In fact, I have 3 quilts that need binding. But, I know what you mean about the great feeling you get for finishing a project.
Have a great week!!
Rebecka

clare's craftroom said...

Have a great time !

*karendianne. said...

...and remember like I said, when it comes on TV, I'll be looking for you in the stands. (*silly *karendianne.)

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Love that string quilt...and I envy you the tennis, I should trek to the metropolis myself but feels like hard work!
And, yes, I love that finish as well! Tracey

Asiyah said...

Hi Teresa,

I'm doing the Makes Me Happy blog-along and stopped by via Paula's place.

Finishing a quilt is a good feeling, isn't it? The binding is the icing on the cake.

SheilaC said...

Have a fun and safe trip! |

SheilaC

Jelly Wares said...

Have a great week away in Melbourne... I must admit that I'm the same as you when it comes to what makes me happy, I love sewing down the binding on a quilt and seeing my finished product, very rewarding..

Hugs
Jodie :)

KAYLEE said...

Hi Teresa, I adore your Label, how did you make them? Cheers Kaylee

*karendianne. said...

Things that make me laugh happy... actually really trying to find you at the Australian Open (I'm such a dork!) when it was on TV here. Hee! I said I'd do that and I do. Don't tell though. I'm a nut!